Winterizing tipsNovember 1, 2022
4 Common Plumbing Maintenance Mistakes and How to Avoid ThemDecember 22, 2022
Home for the Holidays?
Are you staying home and hosting this holiday season? Here are wish list ideas and tips for hosting. The cold is settling in. The days are short. Winter is coming.
It’s the holidays and the to-do list is long if you are having company stay with you.
- Change your air system filter. In New Mexico, you need to change your filter every 6-8 weeks to protect the life of your equipment. Otherwise that dirt ends up on sensitive components and damages them.
- Cover outdoor water faucets. Insulated caps for your faucets help prevent pipe bursts by helping keep pipes warmer and slowing cold air doing under your home.
- Turn off your sprinkler system! FREEZE ALERT! You would be surprised by the number of frozen front yards we see this time of year. A frozen sprinter system can cause damage and lead to costly repairs.
- New Furnace System – Ask us about available rebates when you are ready to upgrade your equipment.
- Tankless Hot Water Heater – Instant hot water is amazing.
- Refrigerated Air – No more Swamp Cooler turn over. Heat when it’s cold. Cool when it’s hot.
Forget the fruit tray, make a Fruit Tart
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh strawberries, kiwi slices, blueberries, raspberries
1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Whipped cream, for garnish
Get the directions for Paula Deen’s Recipe here on the Food Network